|2003-Feb-03 - ||
We're MathForum.org's February Hot Spot.|
So broken links have been fixed or flagged.
- 2002-Sep-05 - Updated Fermi Questions.
- 2001-Apr-17 - Added What is "order of magnitude"?.
- 2001-Apr-17 - Added A dot for each day.
- 2001-Apr-14 - Added A dot for every second in the day.
- 2001-Feb-18 - Added A Pinocchio estimation game.
- 2001-Feb-16 - Added link to How Big Are Things?.
- 1999.Dec.14 - Added Earth's surface as a 20 x 25 Megameter rectangle.
||Error correction - In Rounding to an order of magnitude,
Easy order of magnitude math,
there was a bogus rule [ (10a)-r = 10(a/r) ].
(10a)x is always 10(ax).
Thanks to a reader for catching it.
- 1999.May.04 - Added Some notes on contructing your own "Scaling the Universe" desktops.
- 1999.Mar.21 - Added Your enormous surface area.
- 1999.Mar.02 - Added Round Earth, Tilted People.
- 1998.Aug - Minor puttering.
- 1998.Jul.20 - Messed around in time landmarks.
- 1998.Jun.15 - Added a draft Temperature some days ago.
- 1998.Jun.11 - Added a draft Why does the sun shine?.
- 1998.Jun.06 - Added a link to Cosmic View: The Universe in 40 Jumps.
- 1998.May.11 - Added Only a breath away, aka "Caesar's last breath".
- 1998.Apr.29 - Added When Length grows a little, Area grows a lot.
- 1998.Apr.20 - Added an experimental frames version of Scale of some things.
- 1998.Apr.15 - Added Peta meters in your hands.
- 1998.Apr.14 - Added mass volume-density.
- 1998.Apr.05 - Added two quotes about Weisskopf.
- 1998.Apr.04 - Annotated inline <img>'s with height and width -
pages now become readable faster.
- 1998.Apr.02 - Added
meters in your hands.
- 1998.Mar.29 - Overhauled top page, flattening site.
- 1998.Mar.27 - Cosmetic changes to top page - a quick-and-dirty experiment.
- 1998.Mar.15 - Added Lots of dots and A million dots on one page.
- 1998.Mar.11 - Added link to China is down over there....
- 1997.Oct.17 - Added map and scale bar to Kilometers in your hands.
- 1997.Sep.late - Minor additions to Resources and a few other pages.
- 1997.Sep.early - Minor additions to Scaling the universe to your desktop pages.
- 1997.Aug.25 - Added some more `Mumblemeters in your hands'.
- 1997.Aug.23 - Added Scaling the universe to your desktop.
- 1997.Aug.13 - Added Millimeters in your hands (and micro- , nano- ).
- 1997.Aug.12 - Added An experiment with Mayonnaise.
- 1997.Aug.10 - Added The relative size of Earth, Jupiter, Sun (1 : 10 : 100).
- 1997.Aug.02 - Overhaul installed.
Release was forced by deadline, so some cleanup will likely be needed.
- 1997.Jul.26 - Overhaul (offline) begun.
- 1997.Jul.12 - Cosmetic improvements.
- 1997.Jun.28 - Fleshed out Landmarks. Still unclear. Playing with UI.
- 1997.Jun.24 - Played with draft for a graphical home page.
- 1997.Jun.... - Some development under `SI units and derivatives' pages.
- 1997.Jun.08 - Added `list of local pages'.
- 1997.Jun.04 - Created this What's New page.
Basically, research in April '97, web page created in early May, some
`powers of ten' unit scales in mid June, presentation experimentation
in late June, and an overhaul in late July. Gradual additions in the
second half of August. Little activity in September.
Intermittent additions since then.
I had hoped to find folks to collaborate with, didn't, and so have
left this on the back burner.